Sunday, 18 June 2017

BREAKING... 2 killed, hostages taken as suspected jihadists storm Malian tourist resort

Image result for two killed in malian tourist resort
At least two people have been killed after jihadists stormed a popular tourist resort on the outskirts of Mali's capital, Bamako, according to officials.
Malian troops and soldiers from France's Bakhane counter-terrorist force headed to the scene after the luxury Campement de Kangaba resort, which is frequented by top officials and foreigners, came under attack on Sunday.

Local residents reported hearing shots fired while smoke billowed into the air.
"It is a jihadist attack. Malian special forces intervened and about 20 hostages have been released," Security Minister Salif Traore told the AFP news agency.
A security ministry spokesman told Reuters 32 guests had been rescued from the resort.
"Unfortunately for the moment there are two dead, including a Franco-Gabonese."
A security ministry official said government troops "have sealed off the area and are in the process of organising operations" against the attackers.
"The attackers are hidden inside the camp, and the camp is very big so there are a lot of places where they can hide," de Georgio said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...